HEATON’s Movement Training
Loaded Movement Training is task-oriented movement patterns combined with resistance training. If strength and agility grow from moving the body in strategic load-assisted tasks, then movement increases flexibility, mobility, strengthens multiple muscles groups and strengthens your core. One rule to train as an athlete: keep mobbing, and then move some more.
The seven basic movements your body can perform are Pull, Push, Squat, Lunge, Rotation Hinge, and Gait. All exercises vary these seven movement training exercises to stimulate all of the major muscle groups in your body.
As an athlete you are more susceptible to strain on muscles and joints due to sudden or forceful movements by you or against you. Functional Movement is the body’s ability to move with proper muscle and joint coordination for effortless, pain-free movement. So undergoing functional training will help you increase speed, enhance agility, and improve cardiovascular health.
Who benefits from these movement exercises?
Every athlete, throwers, runners, lifters, blockers, or anything else can increase strength and mobility through the fullest ranges of motion exercises and movement training. And yes of course, regular people in their everyday lives will also reaps benefits from keeping their bodies moving functionally.
Speed of Movement
If your aim is to gain speed in movement these following factors should be your focus
- Endurance – The amount of repeated resistance a muscle (or group of muscles) can withstand for extended periods of time. It is one of the components of muscular fitness, along with muscular strength and power
- Force – The ability to change rest, motion, or state of an object
- Strength – The amount of force that a person exerts on physical objects
- Speed how quickly Motor Coordination – The synchronous movement of body part, this includes motor planning, as well as gross and fine motor movement
- Reaction Time is how quickly one reacts to stimuli
- Agility is the ability to quickly change directions without losing balance, speed, coordination, and strength or body control.
Balance & Coordination
Balance and coordination are essential for all athletes, to say that your performance will be undermined by faulty balance and coordination is an understatement.
Hand-eye coordination, agility and speed training, and impromptu start and stop drills enhance your balance and coordination. You are an elite player, it is imperative to train your body to work synchronously, in order to be at the peak of your performance. This is especially true, because no matter what sport you play, there is bound to be some amount of dynamic movement, strength or power, agility and endurance involved. Speed drills should aim at reducing reaction time, and towards building stability in ankles, knees, and hip joints. This will prevent many common sports injuries. A tailored movement training helps enhances your fitness goals. HEATON Coaching offers training activities to program your body better, and will help you develop into a stronger, faster, and more robust athlete.
7am – 6pm
7am – 6pm
7am – 6pm
7am – 6pm